J.D. University of Pittsburgh, cum laude, 1992
B.A. Allegheny College, 1989
Law Clerk to the Honorable Hal J. Bonney, Jr., United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District Virginia
Willcox & Savage, P.C., Member
Selected Professional Memberships:
Virginia State Bar Pennsylvania State Bar Virginia Bar Association Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association American Bankruptcy Institute
Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
Virginia’s “Legal Elite,” Virginia Business magazine
2007 Virginia Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
John D. McIntyre
John McIntyre’s practice focuses on the representation of individual and business debtors in bankruptcy court, out-of-court workout proceedings and estate planning and protection. Mr. McIntyre also represents unsecured creditors committees and trustees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Outside of bankruptcy court, Mr. McIntyre has served as counsel for both debtors and creditors in federal and state court litigation involving civil disputes, commercial litigation, fraudulent conveyance litigation, and consumer protection actions.
Relevant experience includes:
- Representation of various Chapter 11 debtors in retail, real estate, construction, manufacturing and farming industries.
- Serve as counsel for individual and business debtors in out-of-court workouts.
- Acted as counsel to purchasers of assets and ongoing business operations through bankruptcy and foreclosure sales.
- Advised clients with respect to newly formed businesses, joint venture agreements and long-term contracts.
- Represented individuals in various aspects of estate planning, including structuring plans based upon client-specific needs, and the analysis and defense of pre-existing plans.
- Serve as counsel for secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acted as counsel in defense of preference and fraudulent conveyance actions.
- For a sample of reported decisions, please see our Bankruptcy Practice description